Steps to Financial Aid
1) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is how the Financial Aid Office can determine your eligibility for financial aid.
A new FAFSA is required each academic year. An academic year runs from fall-summer.
The 2022-2023 FAFSA is for Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023.
The 2023-2024 FAFSA is for Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024.
To complete the FAFSA, you will need:
- Your FSA username and password
- Your parent’s FSA username and password (only for students under 24)
- Your 2020 taxes for the 2022-2023 FAFSA
- Your parents 2020 taxes for the 2022-2023 FAFSA (only for students under 24)
- Your 2021 taxes for the 2023-2024 FAFSA
- Your parents 2021 taxes for the 2023-2024 FAFSA (only for students under 24)
To complete the FAFSA, please go to the FSA website.
Appointments to Complete the FAFSA:
Our office is here to help with any questions or concerns about the FAFSA. If you need assistance completing the FAFSA, please schedule an appointment with our office. Appointments can be conducted in person or virtually through ConexEd.
Below are the days and times appointments are conducted. Please let our office know if you need a different date or time. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. Days and times are subject to change.
|Monday & Tuesday||2-3 PM & 3-4 PM|
|Wednesday & Thursday||9-10 AM & 10-11 AM|
- School code: 002961
- FAFSA Results: The College will receive FAFSA results from the Department of Education within 3-5 business days.
- Verification: If selected for verification, you will be notified of required documentation by email
2) Apply to SCC
Once you have completed the FAFSA, you will want to complete your admissions application if you have not already and choose an approved program of study. To apply, please go to https://www.sandhills.edu/about/apply-now.html. You will complete your application through CFNC.
3) Request Transcripts for the Admissions Office
The Financial Aid Office requires an official copy of your high school transcript be on file with admissions before you can be awarded financial aid. If you have attended other institutions before coming to Sandhills, those transcripts need to be sent to the admissions office for evaluation. Transcripts can be sent through diploma sender, mailed to 3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst, NC 28374, or officially emailed to email@example.com.
4) Offer Letters
The College begins awarding mid-May for the impending academic year. Prior to awarding, all required documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. Offer letters will be posted in Self Service ( https://www.sandhills.edu/welcome-to-self-service/ ) within two weeks of receipt of documentation.