Borrowing, Renewing, & Fees
- Sandhills Community College students taking curriculum classes must present a valid student ID (community patrons must present a Boyd Library card) in order to check out material from the library.
- Students taking classes through other colleges that are taught on the Sandhills campus must present a valid student ID from their school.
- Students taking any other classes on the campus such as continuing education, GED, etc. must be 18 or older and presenting a picture ID verifying a Moore or Hoke County address will be issued a community patron library card.
- Persons who live or work in Moore or Hoke counties, and are 18 or older, may receive a community patron library card to check out materials from our library. Community Patrons must present a picture ID such as a North Carolina driver’s license or other proof of residency.
|Regular Circulating Books
|The checkout period for regular circulating books is 3 weeks for students and community patrons. The checkout period for faculty/staff is an academic semester. Books may be renewed by telephone (910) 695-3819 or online through the Library Catalog.
|Patrons are limited to checking out two bestsellers at a time, and may only be renewed if not on hold for another patron.
|DVDs‚ have a loan period of 7 days. Patrons may check out‚ three‚ DVDs per loan period. One renewal is allowed if no one else has has placed a hold on the DVD.
|Faculty, Student and community patrons may check out reference materials at the discretion of Boyd Library staff. The maximum checkout period for reference materials is 3 weeks.
Checkout periods for reserve materials are determined by the instructors placing the items on reserve. Most reserve materials can only be checked out to students enrolled in particular classes.
Borrowers are responsible for all items checked out until they are returned. Further checkouts will not be allowed until all items are returned and owed fees are paid. Students must return all library materials and pay all fines before they will be allowed to complete the registration process at SCC for the following semester.
Graduating students must turn in all materials and pay fines or fees prior to graduation. Transcript requests will not be honored if fees are owed for library materials. This also applies to students dropping classes.
Item Return and Fees for Loss and Damage
Library materials can be returned in-person at the circulation desk. There is also an inside book drop on the right side of the circulation desk and a book drop box in the Curie parking lot directly behind the library. Returned books will be checked in on the following workday. Boyd Library is no longer charging fines on overdue materials. Due dates on materials are still enforced as a courtesy to others.
- If a student or community patron loses or damages a book or DVD, the fee charged is the current replacement cost of the item, plus a $5.00 processing fee. If the item is out-of-print or no longer available for purchase, the charge is $35.00 plus a $5.00 processing fee.
- Faculty and staff who lose or damage these items pay the same replacement charges, but are not charged the $5.00 processing fee.
- Items not returned by the 28th day past the due date will be considered lost. The patron responsible will be billed and charged a $5.00 processing fee for each item.
Our Barbara H. Cole’s Children’s Literature Center has more than 4000 items to include DVD’s, children’s picture books, juvenile fiction, non-fiction books and young adult books. Children under the age of 18 are only permitted in Boyd Library or on campus if they are:
- Currently enrolled in classes at SCC.
- Are under the constant care and supervision of a parent or legal guardian (per the SCC Student Code of Conduct).
If a child is found unattended, the matter will be referred to SCC Campus Police. Children under 18 are not permitted to check out books or register for a library card. A parent or legal guardian may check out books on their behalf.