Submit High School and College Transcripts

Degree-seeking students must submit official transcripts of high school and all post-secondary institutions attended.

Transcripts are used for placement into curriculum courses.

Students will not be allowed to register beyond their first semester unless all required transcripts are received.


What is an official transcript?

An official transcript is a transcript submitted to Sandhills Community College in a sealed unopened envelope, via electronic exchange, or faxed directly from the issuing institution. It is the responsibility of the student to request official transcripts be sent to Sandhills Community College.


How do I request an official transcript?

Students must request an official transcript from all previous institutions attended.  High schools and post-secondary institutions have unique processes for requesting official transcripts.  Contact the institution(s) or visit their website for transcript request instructions.

Information on ordering official transcripts from Sandhills Community College can be found on our Transcript Request page.


Why should I submit my official transcripts?

High school transcripts are used for placement into curriculum courses.  In addition to high school transcripts, placement can also be obtained using official scores from the following testing instruments: SAT, ACT, Asset, Compass, Accuplacer, and RISE.

Also, satisfactory grades in qualifying math and English college courses may be used for placement upon submission of official college transcripts.


Where should I submit my official transcripts?

Please submit all curriculum transcripts to our Student Records Department in one of the following ways:

  • Electronic exchange sent to
  • Hand deliver to our Student Records Department on the Pinehurst campus
  • Mailed to: Sandhills Community College, Attn: Student Records, 3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst NC 28374
  • Faxed directly from issuing institution to 910-695-3981


How can I receive credit for courses taken at other post-secondary institutions?

Sandhills Community College will consider granting credit for work done at other regionally accredited institutions of higher education.  Courses accepted for transfer credit must parallel course offerings at Sandhills Community College as determined by the Director of Records & Registration, the Academic Dean, and/or the appropriate Department Chair.  Courses approved to satisfy the NCCCS Comprehensive Articulation Agreement general education core, pre-major or elective course requirement will also be considered for acceptance as transfer credit.  Transfer credit may be allowed only for courses in which a student has earned a grade of a ‘C’ or higher.

For more detailed information visit our college catalog 


How can I tell which courses transferred to Sandhills Community College?

Students will receive written notice from the Office of Records and Registration of transfer credit awarded.  Additionally, students can view awarded transfer credit in WebAdvisor.


How do I receive college credit for military experience?

Sandhills Community College prides itself in being a military friendly institution.  The college recognizes prior military training and is often able to award college credit based on recommendations from the American Council on Education.  Students seeking credit for military experience should request a Joint Services Transcript (JST).  To find out more information on how to request a JST, please visit, or contact our Veterans Services Office at 910-695-3902, or 910-695-3729.  For Air Force transcripts click here. Upon receipt of the transcript, students will receive written notice from the Office of Records and Registration of transfer credit awarded.  Additionally, students can view awarded transfer credit in WebAdvisor.


What if I change my program of study (major)?

Transfer credits may count differently in a new program of study (major).  Work with your advisor to determine how your previously awarded credits apply to your new program of study (major).



Registrar’s Office
(910) 246-5373