All students who park vehicles on campus must register their vehicles. Once a student registers their vehicle, they will pick up their parking sticker at the Switchboard in the Dempsey Student Center. A SCC Student ID or government issued ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc.) is required to pick up the parking sticker. Student parking stickers are valid for one school year, August to July and a new sticker must be obtained each year a student is enrolled.
The cost of parking stickers is included in the student fees payable at registration.
Vehicle Registration Process:
- Fill out the Parking Sticker Registration Eform to begin registration of your vehicle. You must have already obtained your username and password.
- Bring your current SCC Student ID or government issued ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc.) to the Switchboard in the Dempsey Student Center to pick up your parking sticker. (Campus Map).
- Apply the sticker to the inside of the lower driver’s side rear window of your vehicle.
Students are required to park in paved parking spaces that are not reserved for visitors or for faculty/staff. Reserved parking applies to vehicles 8 a.m.- 3p.m., Monday – Friday, after which time anyone may park in these spaces. When paved parking spaces are filled, the College will provide designated unpaved areas for temporary student use. Restricted parking, including handicapped parking, is marked with appropriate signs.
Handicap Parking Stickers
Disabled students may receive handicapped parking stickers after presenting appropriate DMV documentation to the Switchboard in Dempsey Student Center. Campus parking lots have designated areas for the disabled.
Temporary Parking Pass
If a student temporarily drives a vehicle without a sticker, they must obtain a temporary parking pass from the Switchboard in Dempsey Student Center.
For the first few days of the fall/spring semesters, staff members may need to direct vehicles into temporary parking areas. Students should follow the instructions given during this time period.
Vehicles parked on campus without stickers will be in violation.
Violations of parking regulations will result in fines and/or the vehicles being towed. Violations that are potentially dangerous, such as speeding or reckless driving, are subject to disciplinary action in addition to any fines levied. Repeated violations of the campus parking regulation will be considered an offense of the Student Code of Conduct.
Violations for which citations may be issued include, but are not limited to the following:
The Business Office is hereby authorized to collect a $25.00 fine for any of the following violations:
- Parked in visitor space
- Parked in faculty space
- Parked in student space
- Failure to display current parking sticker
- Failure to register vehicle
- Improper display of parking sticker
The following violations shall be considered infractions. The Business
Office is hereby authorized to collect a maximum $100.00 fine for any of the
- Driving in a hazardous manner/speeding/careless and reckless $100
- Driving wrong way in drive lanes $50
- Exceeding a safe speed $25
- Failure to heed a stop or yield sign $25
- Parking incorrectly in a parking space $25
- Parked in driveway/access $50
- Parking in manner creating a hazard $50
- Parking in more than one space $25
- Parked in no parking space/area $25
- Parked in unauthorized/handicap space $100
- Unsafe Movement $25
- Any traffic violation (not listed) $25
The student is responsible for any violation incurred by individuals who bring the student to campus. Payments of fines should be made to cashier in Stone Hall. Failure to pay parking tickets will result in the fines being added to the student registration fees. Persons who have received five (5) or more tickets may have the vehicle towed or may be subject to other disciplinary action.
The student parking sticker will also enable staff to notify the student in the event of an emergency (e.g., someone hits the car).