- 16-Week Classes: August 14, 2023 – December 12, 2023
- 1st 8- Week Classes: August 14, 2023 – October 5, 2023
- 2nd 8-Week Classes: October 11, 2023 – December 6, 2023
Registration Dates for Fall 2023
- Registration for 2nd 8-Week classes will continue through October 10, 2023
Registration Dates For Spring 2024
- November 1, 2023 - January 3, 2024: Spring 2024 Registration
- January 4, 2024: Last day to register before classes begin
- January 8 and 9: Late registration for 16-Week classes
- January 8 only: Late registration for 1st 8-Week classes
- Registration for 2nd 8-Week classes will continue through March 7
- Fall 2023: Payment is due by 5:00 pm on October 10, 2023 for 2nd 8-Week classes.
- Spring 2024: Payment is due by 5:00 pm on January 3, 2024 for 16-Week, and 1st 8-Week classes.
- Spring 2024: Payment is due by 5:00 pm on March 7, 2024 for 2nd 8-Week classes.
- Failure to make payment by the deadline will result in being dropped from your classes.
- If you make schedule changes after paying, please login to Self-Service to ensure your registration is complete.
- Pay online through Self-Service, Student Finance, or payment can be made in person at the Pinehurst or Hoke Campus, Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Additionally, there is a drop box available on the outside wall of Stone Hall near the Business Office.
The refund policy is set by the North Carolina General Assembly and is subject to change by its actions.
Classes can be dropped via Self-Service or by contacting your advisor up to the day before classes begin. Once classes begin, refunds are processed only for courses officially dropped using the SCC Course Change form located in student eForms.
- Fall 2023: 2nd- 8-Week classes dropped by October 10.
- Spring 2024: Traditional 16-Week and 1st 8-Week classes dropped by January 5; 2nd 8-Week classes dropped by March 7.
- Fall 2023: Traditional 16-Week classes dropped from August 14 - August 23; 1st 8-Week classes dropped from August 14 - 17; 2nd 8-Week classes dropped from October 11 - October 16.
- Spring 2024: Traditional 16-Week classes dropped from January 8 - 18; 1st 8-Week classes dropped from January 8 - 11; 2nd 8-Week classes dropped from March 11 - 14.
- Fall 2023: Classes dropped after October 16 for 2nd 8-Week Session.
- Spring 2024: Classes dropped after January 18 for 16-Week Session; classes dropped after January 11 for 1st 8-Week Session; classes dropped after March 14 for 2nd 8-Week Session.
If you are using financial aid to pay your tuition, your awarded funds will be applied to your charges only when your Financial Aid application process is complete. Complete means you have:
- Completed a financial aid application (FAFSA).
- Submitted your official GED/high school transcript.
- Received an award notification.
- Completed the Financial Aid Terms & Conditions in Self-Service.
If you register for Fall 2023 or Spring 2024 and decide not to attend SCC, you must off officially drop your classes. If you do not officially drop your classes, you will be responsible for all charges.
- Student ID cards are required for all SCC students.
- They are issued in the Dempsey Student Center on the Pinehurst campus or Upchurch Hall at the Hoke Center, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- To obtain a student ID you must show a government issued ID (i.e. driver’s license).
- Parking permits are required, and students must submit a Parking Sticker Registration form through student eForms.
- Once the form is submitted, the sticker can be picked up at the Switchboard in the Dempsey Student Center on the Pinehurst campus, or Upchurch Hall at the Hoke Center, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- A current Student ID, or government issued ID is required for pick-up.
Visit www.sandhills.bncollege.com for hours and information on ordering books online.
- Financial Aid students can pick up books for Spring 2024 beginning January 2 through April 3. To purchase textbooks in person, students using financial aid must have a Student ID and a copy of their schedule.
- Students not using financial aid will need their schedule only to purchase textbooks. Schedules can be accessed in Self-Service, Student Finance by clicking on “View Statement”.
- A photo ID is required to pick up online purchases.
- No Bookstore purchases on February 2 and February 5.
Full Refund Deadlines:
- August 25, 2023 for Fall 16-Week & 1st 8-Week classes.
- October 20, 2023 for Fall 2nd 8-Week classes.
Drop/Add Refund Deadlines:
- September 1, 2023 for Fall 16-Week & 1st 8-Week classes.
- October 26, 2023 for Fall 2nd 8-Week classes.
***Please note – all Bookstore refunds require a receipt.
- All curriculum courses utilize online resources to support the learning environment. Students must have access to the internet or be prepared to utilize on-campus computer labs.
Course Online Orientation Assignment:
- All courses include an orientation quiz to verify your attendance in the course. For HYBRID and INTERNET courses, you must login to your course and complete the quiz by the deadline set by your instructor, usually within the first few days of the semester, to demonstrate you are actively participating in the course. If you do not complete the quiz by the deadline, you will be dropped from the course.
- Prior to the start of a semester, students can drop and add classes through Self-Service or with their assigned advisor.
- Once classes begin, all schedule changes must be processed through a Course Change form located under the Registrar section of student eForms.
- The form will route to the instructor who will provide the necessary information/approval to allow the schedule change.
- You will receive an email notification when the Office of Records and Registration has processed the form.
- Verify the requested course(s) have been dropped or added in Self-Service.
***Important – if you are receiving financial aid or veteran’s benefits, please consult with the appropriate representative to determine the impact of dropping or adding courses during the semester.