What (CCP) Students Should Know

Once enrolled, how do I set up my SCC network accounts?

Your SCC username and password will be needed to use your SCC email, get your parking sticker, view your class schedule and transcript and log into Moodle to access your courses.  These are Sandhills specific accounts and are separate from the student’s Moore County Schools accounts.  Follow the steps below to set up your student account.

  • Go to the Sandhills home page (sandhills.edu) and click the MySCC link on the top right side of the screen.
  • Click the link for Password Management and then click Setup Account.
  • You will be asked to accept the Acceptable Use Policy. Read the policy, scroll to the bottom and click “I have read and understand the acceptable use ”
  • To set up your account, you will need your last name, 7-digit student ID number, last four digits of your social security number and birth date. Your student ID number can be found on your acceptance letter, your printed schedule (upper left side) or your student ID card.
  • Once the above information is entered, choose your password and type it in the appropriate box. Your password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one number, one uppercase letter and one lowercase letter. It also cannot contain your first or last name.
  • Click the button: “Show me my login information.”
  • The next screen will display your login name, email address and your password. If you print this screen, make sure to store it in a secure location so others cannot access your accounts.
  • Return to the MySCC page, and click on the button for the resource you want to
  • Forgotten password: At any time during the semester, follow the Password Management link on the MySCC site to reset your password.

How do I obtain a student ID card?

To obtain your Sandhills student ID card, bring a photo ID and a copy or your schedule to the reception desk on the first floor of the Dempsey Student Center.  You will need your student ID card to check materials out of the library and to ride the school bus from your high school to the Sandhills campus.  You are required to carry your ID card with you at all times while on the Sandhills Community College campus.

How do I obtain a parking sticker?

Any student driving his/her own car to campus will be required to obtain a Sandhills parking sticker.  Students traveling to the SCC campus for courses do not have to pay a fee for a parking decal. However, they do need to obtain a decal for their vehicle.  Students should only park in areas which are designated as “Student Parking.” See the steps for obtaining a parking sticker below:

  • Click on MySCC link on the Sandhills homepage.
  • Scroll down to “Student Support.”
  • Click on “Parking Stickers.”
  • Fill out the Online Parking Sticker Application to begin registration of your vehicle. (You must have already obtained your username and password.)
  • Bring your current student ID to the switchboard in the Dempsey Student Center to pick up your parking sticker.
  • Apply sticker to your left rear bumper or place in the left rear window of your vehicle.

What are the parking regulations at SCC?

Students are required to park in paved parking spaces that are not designated for visitors or for faculty/staff. Reserved parking applies to vehicles 8 a.m. to 3p.m., Monday through Friday; after which time, anyone may park in these spaces. A one-hour time limit applies to all visitor spaces. Restricted parking, including handicapped parking, is marked with appropriate signs.

Do I need to purchase textbooks for my college classes?

Textbooks for Moore County High School MCS students will be provided by SCC.  Students should be prepared to pick up textbooks on SCC campus in Blue Hall, Room 115.  The dates for pick up include:

  • August 15th, 16th, 20th, 21st from 9am-11am and 2pm-4pm.

Textbooks and materials must also be returned to SCC campus in Blue Hall, room 115 at the end of the semester.  The dates for drop off include:

  • December 10th -13th from 10am-12pm and 3pm-5pm.

Students will need to bring their schedule and student ID to pick up textbooks. Students are responsible for their textbooks and must return them in good condition.  SCC may fine students for lost, defaced, or damaged textbooks.  Any outstanding textbook issues may prevent a student from enrolling in CCP classes the following semester.

Not all SCC classes require textbooks.  Instructors will provide textbook information the first day of class, in Moodle and/or in the course syllabus.

Textbooks for Home Schools, Private Schools & Out-of-County high school students will need to purchase textbooks. Textbooks may be purchased by visiting the bookstore on SCC’s campus or by ordering them online at www.sandhills.bncollege.com

Textbooks for Hoke County High School HCS student will be provided to students at the Hoke County High School Campus

Are there any additional class-related costs?

Yes, some SCC classes have non-textbook costs in the form of course fees.  If the costs are related to supplies needed for the course and are consumable, SCC will waive the course fees.  If the costs are related to something that becomes the student’s property, the student will be required to pay the fee (costs denoted as fees are provided in the list below).  Some CTE Applied Science Programs require tools and uniforms.  Information regarding these needs and costs can be found on page four of the CCP Program Sheet. The high school liaison and CCP counselors may also provide guidance.

Estimated Additional Costs:

Collision & Repair and Auto Tech: Tools $400

COS 112: Uniforms and Kit #1 Fee $480

COS 114: Uniforms and Kit #2 Fee $227

CUL 110A, 140, and 160: Uniforms $125

CUL 135A: Front-of-House Uniforms $117

CUL 160 & 140: Kits $460

CUL 170: Tool Sets $126

HEA 112: Red Cross CPR Card Fee $27

What do I do if there is inclement weather?

Students attending classes on the Sandhills campus follow the Sandhills inclement weather announcements. Students enrolled in Sandhills classes taught at the North Moore campus will follow Moore County Schools’ inclement weather announcements.

Late or delayed openings on the college campus will start with classes that normally begin at that hour. For example, a two-hour delay on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday, means that 8:00 and 9:00 classes are cancelled and that classes will begin that day with 10:00 classes.  However, if a student has a class that begins before 10:00 and extends past that hour, the student should report to that class at 10:00 when campus opens. For example, a student who is enrolled in a 9:30-10:45 class should go to that class at 10:00 a.m. The class will meet for the 45 minutes of class time that remains.

Online classes are not affected by delays or closures related to inclement weather. Students should log in and complete assignments as scheduled. The Sandhills website (www.sandhills.edu) is the best place to check for inclement weather announcements. Students may also tune in to local media or call the campus switchboard at (910) 692-6185 for inclement weather information.

How do I request a copy of my transcript?

Once students have successfully completed courses at Sandhills, they will need to request a transcript to document their college course credit. There is no charge for unofficial transcripts, which may only be requested in person.

In order for a transcript to be official, it must be sent by Sandhills to the student’s college or university of choice.

Students who need to send official transcripts to another institution may accomplish this in one of two ways:

Electronic transcripts provide the fastest delivery method. SCC has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the web.  SCC certifies that an electronic transcript issued by the National Student Clearinghouse is an official college transcript. To access the online ordering system go to:

  • MySCC
  • Student Information
  • Transcript Request
  • Order an official transcript

Paper, on-demand official and unofficial transcripts can be requested at the Office of the Registrar in 118A Stone Hall. A valid picture ID is required.