How to Enroll in the Career and College Program (CCP)

How do I enroll in The CCP program?

All high school students who enroll in a college course must complete the following steps:

  1. Submit a completed CCP application. Sandhills Community College staff and high school CCP counselors hold an application day each semester on the high school campuses to assist students in the application process.
  2. The student must work with their CCP counselor to determine if they are qualified for CCP classes based on a national standardized test.


Whom do I contact to determine my qualifications for the CCP program?


Advising and Registration at SCC

Schedule an appointment with a Career and College Promise Advisor

Kimberly McMillan
Associate Dean – Career and College Promise
213B Van Dusen Hall
(910) 246-4111

Career and College Promise Coordinator (Moore County)
213A Van Dusen Hall
(910) 695-3713

Lisa Davis
Career and College Promise Coordinator (Hoke County)
106B Johnson Hall - (910) 848-6350 (Hoke Campus)
213 Van Dusen - (910) 693-2063 (Pinehurst Campus) 

Jason Levister
Director, WCE CCP (Workforce Continuing Education Career and College Promise) Programs, Student Success, and Data Support


Advising at the High School

Leslie Baldwin, Counselor
Hoke County High School
(910) 875-5126 Ext. 4113

Colleen Pegram, Principal
SandHoke Early College High School
(910) 878-5806

Stacy Patterson
North Moore & Union Pines High Schools
(910) 464-3105 (NMHS)
(910) 947-5511 (UPHS)

Josh Newton
Pinecrest High School
(910) 692-6554 Ext. 1032


Registering for Courses

The high school counselor will assist students in selecting courses appropriate for the high school diploma and for educational plans after high school graduation. Before registering for courses at the high school, students must complete an application to Sandhills Community College and must meet eligibility requirements through submission of appropriate test scores or completion of a college placement exam and submission of current high school transcripts.


How do I maintain eligibility to stay in the CCP program?

To maintain eligibility for CCP enrollment, the student must continue to make progress toward high school graduation and maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two college courses.  If a student fails to meet one or both of the criteria, she/he will not be eligible to enroll the subsequent semester (fall, spring, or summer).  After sitting out a semester, the student will have the opportunity to enroll in classes the following semester.


Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

As authorized by the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) between the North Carolina Community College System and the University of North Carolina System, a high school student who satisfactorily completes a college course designated as a college transfer course with a grade of “C” or better will receive transfer credit at the university. The university will determine whether the course will count as general education, major, or elective credit with some courses guaranteed to transfer as general education courses. All courses taken at Sandhills Community College in which students earn a “C” or better will also transfer to other community colleges.