Printing for academic purposes:
Research/Internet - Printing from the 'web'
- Students must abide by all copyright laws
- Web pages longer than two pages should be copied and pasted into a word processing program to minimize paper loss
- Documents longer than ten pages must be approved by an LRC staff member
- Students may print two copies
- Documents longer than fifteen pages must be approved by an LRC staff member
- Color printing is available for student academic use only
- Color printing is $1.00 per sheet, paid in advance
- Color printing is limited to five sheets per student per assignment
- Only LRC staff members may operate the color printer
Printing for non-academic purposes:
- Printing is available at ten cents per sheet for use exceeding that listed above or for personal purposes
We further recommend:
- Use of the copier located in Boyd Library for multiple copies of documents
- Use of the "print preview" option before printing to ensure appropriate formatting
- Use of the scanner is for student academic purposes only
- Only LRC staff members may operate the scanner
- Academic material will be scanned on to a student's disk USB flash drive or may be emailed to the student's email account
- There is no charge for scanning
- LRC staff members may not be able to provide scanning on demand. Students may be required to leave documents with an LRC staff member for scanning at a later time.
It is the goal of the LRC to maintain a facility supportive of student and faculty needs and uses. In an attempt to provide service to as many as possible, while limiting the excess of a few, the LRC staff will enforce the printing and scanning policies.