This document lists the steps for setting up your Android device to work with your Office 365 account at Sandhills Community College.
Steps to Configure Android with Office 365
- An Android phone with access to the internet
- An Office 365 email account
NOTE: Some Android devices will not automatically find the correct Office 365 server name in step 6. If this is the case with your device, please follow the steps to identify your Office 365 server name.
- Press the Applications Menu button and select Settings.
NOTE: The way to access settings may vary depending on your type of phone.
- Tap Add account.
Figure 3: The Accounts & syn settings dialog box.
- Tap Email and select Corporate.
- Choose Exhange ActiveSync or Exchange Account.
- In the Add an Exchange account dialog box:
- Enter your Office 365 email address (CampusID followed by "@sandhills.edu") in the "E-mail Address:" field.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Next
Figure 4: Set up Exchange ActiveSync account
- In the Server Settings dialog box:
- Enter your NetworkID@sandhills.edu email address in the "Domain\Username" field
- Enter your password in the "Password" field.
- Enter m.outlook.com in the "Server" field.
- Tap Next.
NOTE: If your Android phone is unable to automatically locate the correct Office 365 server name, please follow the instructions on identifying your Office 365 server name. Once you obtain your Office 365 server name, you can enter it in the "Server" field in figure 5 below.
Figure 5: The "Server settings" dialog box
Select your settings in the Account options dialog box and tap Next.
Figure 6: The Account options dialog box.
Enter Office 365 for the account name in the Set up email dialog box.
Return to your home screen and open your email application.
NOTE: You ma have to force the application to restart. If the steps above generate the error: "Cannot Connect to server", you may need to replace the server address in the steps above with the host name. See the Identifying Your Office 365 Host Name for Android with Office 365.