Lunch & Learn in the Gardens: Introduction to Vermicomposting
September 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
FREE! Moore County Master Gardeners Larry Allen and John Bowman will provide a basic introduction to vermicomposting, the process of using worms to recycle food wastes into nutrient-rich soil. The many benefits of using vermicompost will be identified and the necessary materials needed to start a worm composting will be discussed (a worm bin, bedding, water, food scraps, and composting earthworms). Finally, recommendations will be provided for what to feed your worms, how to harvest your worm castings, and how to deal with some of the common problems that you may experience in your worm farm.
- To register for workshops & classes please call 910-695-3882 or e-mail at email@example.com to reserve a space. If you call, please leave your name, phone number and e-mail address.
- If your workshop requires a fee, please send your payment with the name and date of workshop you want to attend to: Sandhills Horticultural Society, 3395 Airport Road, Pinehurst, NC 28374
- You will be on the waiting list until your payment is received. Receipt of payment reserves your space in class. Please make checks payable to: Sandhills Horticultural Society. If you are unable to attend the session, the office must receive notification 48 hours prior to the workshop date to receive a refund or credit toward another workshop. Please note we have revised our credit policy. If a credit is desired, it must be used toward another workshop within 90 days. If not used by that deadline the credit will not be eligible for a refund
- All classes and workshops are held in the Burlingame Room at the Ball Visitors’ Center, Sandhills Horticultural Gardens, unless otherwise noted.
- A portion of the workshop fee goes to support the Sandhills Horticultural Gardens