HESI-A2 Entrance Exam
HESI-A2 Early Consideration Test Session
Appointments are available
September 17, 2018 – January 17, 2019
All students applying to the Nursing or Health Sciences programs must take the HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam. No exemptions or substitutions are permitted. The HESI A2 can be taken twice in an academic year (August –July). Students are not allowed to test twice in one month. The exam is timed and computerized. The program sheet for your major includes more detailed information about required scores. Students applying for Emergency Medical Science and Massage Therapy are not required to take the HESI-A2 entrance exam.
WHEN TO TAKE THE EXAM
Students typically take the HESI A2 during the fall semester prior to applying to their program of choice. Students should have completed English, Math and Science prerequisites, or be currently enrolled in those courses, before taking the HESI A2. Discuss your readiness with your academic advisor or the Director of Health Programs and Student Support.
HESI Admission Assessment study guides are available in the Sandhills bookstore and Boyd Library.
- Reading Comprehension
- Anatomy & Physiology
HESI A2 TEST DATES, TIMES, AND REGISTRATION
Fall test session is September 17, 2018 – January 17, 2019
- The HESI A2 exam is offered Monday – Thursday at 8:00 am and 12:30 pm, by appointment only
- Saturday test sessions: 12/1/18, 1/5/19, 1/12/19 (space is limited so reserve early)
- No testing: 10/11/18, 11/6/18, 11/21/18, 11/22/18, 11/29/18, 12/6/18-12/31/18, 1/1/18-1/11/19 (subject to change)
- Last test day for early consideration 1/17/19
- Seats are confirmed on a first come, first served basis and are limited for each test session.
- Seats in December and January fill up quickly and students are encouraged to register early.
COST – $40.00 – effective August 1, 2018
Payment is required before your scheduled test appointment time. You must pay in person at the Business Office (Stone Hall 100) during normal business hours. You must have your confirmation registration ticket with you when you pay.
Ready to request an appointment?
Please click here for instructions to request your HESI A2 appointment.
WHAT TO BRING THE DAY OF THE EXAM
- HESI A2 Registration Form with receipt of payment
- Photo ID
- Username and password- instructions provided in your registration packet
- Calculators are not permitted. You will be provided with pencils and scratch paper.
- Electronic devices, cell phones, personal items, bags, food, drinks, outside papers and study guides are not permitted in the testing lab.
- Please secure your valuables before entering the testing lab.
Stone Hall 219 (unless directed otherwise)
3395 Airport Rd
Pinehurst, NC 28374
To request an accommodation for testing, please contact the Testing Center for instructions. Requests for accommodations must be made at the time of registration for the exam and confirmed with the test coordinator prior to the appointment date.
For questions regarding the HESI-A2 please contact:
220-A Stone Hall