Chartered in 1963, Sandhills Community College is a member of the North Carolina Community College System. It was the first comprehensive community college in North Carolina to offer a college transfer program. The College began classes in 1966.
Historical Video of Sandhills Community College
Mary Luman Meyer donated 240 acres on Airport Road for the college. The property sits on the dividing line between Southern Pines and Pinehurst. The mailing address is 3395 Airport Road, Pinehurst, NC.
Dr. Raymond Stone was named the first president of the college. He served for 25 years. Dr. John Dempsey was appointed president of the college in 1989 and serves to this day.
Sandhills Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Sandhills Community College.
Learn more about Sandhills Community College by following the links to the left and above.