Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) Work-Based Learning (WBL) Opportunities
Workforce Continuing Education (WCE) Work-Based Learning(WBL) involves the development of job skills and an opportunity for career exploration by providing the student with work experience that is coordinated with the educational program.
Work-Based Learning may include paid or unpaid internship, pre-apprenticeship, registered apprenticeship, and practicums required for a state-regulated or industry-recognized credential.
WBL Students must meet the following criteria:
- Age and employment as determined by the class and employer
- Enrollment in a related WCE course
- Completion a minimum of 48 instructional hours prior to entering WBL experience
- Submission of an application for placement in a WBL course
- Meets job specific requirements
All WCE WBL learning experiences must consistently relate to the WCE course expectations.