University Studies

Transfer Programs

The University Studies Program is designed for students enrolled in the Associate in Arts (A.A.), Associate in Science (A.S.), Associate in Engineering (A.E.), or Associate in Fine Arts (A.F.A.) degree that want to continue their education as juniors at a university. Please use the links on the left to access your degree requirements.

The transfer programs offered at Sandhills Community College fall under Comprehensive Articulation Agreements or Uniform Articulation Agreements between the North Carolina Community Colleges and universities of the UNC system. For a list of Articulation Agreements, please go to Transfer Resources. On that Transfer Resources page, you will also find other useful information that will help you transfer to a UNC university.

UNC Chapel Hill C-Step Program.
If you are particularly interested in transferring to UNC-Chapel Hill and are early in your degree with us, please read about the C-STEP program to see if you qualify.

North Carolina State University PackTrac Program.
If you are interested in pursuing a major in agriculture or life sciences at North Carolina State University, please check the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) PackTrac program. PackTrac allows SCC students to transfer into selected programs at CALS. Students must successfully complete the Associate in Science at Sandhills Community College by taking the courses listed here.

UNC Wilmington Pathway to Excellence Program.
This program is a partnership between UNC Wilmington and Sandhills Community College. It is a pathway for guaranteed admission to UNCW for students completing an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Engineering with a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) in transferable, college-level coursework from Sandhills Community College. Guaranteed admission to the university does not constitute admission to a professional school or specific program. Students entering the pathway will be expected to indicate their plan by submitting their letter of intent to UNCW Transfer Admissions. As part of the Pathway to Excellence Guaranteed Admission, UNCW also offers Transfer Merit Scholarships of $1,500 to $3,000 to Associate in Arts and Associate in Science students.

Students interested in transferring to a North Carolina private college or university should go to the Private College Transfer page.

Sandhills also offers Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees that will transfer into university-designated baccalaureate degree programs under bi-lateral agreements. For more information, please go to Applied Science Transfer Agreements.

Students can also earn Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from two universities (UNC-Pembroke and St. Andrews University). For more information, go to Earn a Bachelor’s or Master’s.

Contact Information Pinehurst Campus

Academic and Program Information

Professor Catherine Skura, University Studies Coordinator
207-208 Stone Hall

Associate in Engineering Degree Program

Professor Jeanne Morse
104 Meyer Hall

Associate in Fine Arts In Visual Arts

Professor Lori Lorion
002 Kennedy Hall

Associate in Fine Arts in Music

Professor Ryan Book
126 Wellard Hall

C-STEP Program

Professor Tim Nocton
232 Dempsey Center


Ryan Riggan, Recruiter and CALS Contact
127B Stone Hall

Contact Information Hoke Campus

Rosa McAllister-McRae, Director, Student Services Hoke Center, Personal Counselor
112 Johnson Hall, Hoke Center