Therapeutic Massage Admission Requirements
Special Program Requirements
Students with a criminal conviction may not be eligible for a state license, which is required for employment. Each situation is evaluated on an individual basis by the NC Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy (919-546-0050 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students are responsible for extra costs for uniforms, supplies, medical exam, insurance, and travel to clinical sites.
Admissions to Sandhills Community College does not guarantee admission to this program. Testing and placement criteria must be met.
During Stage 1 students will meet all general college requirements listed on the college admission section, including maintaining good academic standing (GPA 2.0), plus the following requirements:
Test Score/Class Requirements
Students must place into:
- ENG 111 Expository Writing or higher
- MAT 115 or higher
Once you have completed all of the above steps for Admission, you must meet with the program coordinator to be placed into the qualified applicant pool (Stage 2). Failure to do so, may affect eligibility to enter the program.
All qualified applicants must:
- Attend the Spring Therapeutic Massage orientation for early admission consideration.
- Complete the Admission Summary Sheet (which will be distributed at the Spring Orientation).
- Attend the Summer Therapeutic Massage orientation for regular admission.
Acceptance into the Therapeutic Massage program is based on a weighted entry system. The Admission Summary Sheet has been designed to weight co-requisite courses (such as Anatomy and Physiology) and/or your high school or college GPA.
All accepted applicants must:
- Receive an Acceptance Letter from the Program Coordinator.
- Complete all required medical forms.
- Obtain and submit documentation of your current AHA or American Red Cross CPR registration.
- Register for fall semester MTH courses.