Student Care On the Go
Sandhills Community College and FirstHealth have partnered to develop Student Care On the Go (SCOTG). This on-demand telehealth platform provides an easily accessible way for SCC students to address a range of healthcare concerns with licensed medical professionals 24 hours a day, seven days a week, year-round for 12 full months.
SCOTG offers a fast and familiar virtual way to connect with a medical professional for care by mobile app, web, or phone when you have a health issue. SCOTG medical providers can diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication for many conditions.
- This plan is for SCC curriculum/college credit students only with no minimum credit hours required.
- Opt-in enrollment will be available at the beginning of each semester (three times each academic year).
- SCC will cover the annual cost for the Fall 2021 enrollment period.
- The plan is for basic, non-emergency medical conditions.
- There is no co-pay for virtual visits.
- One in-person primary care clinic visit per year is allowed with no co-pay.
- Students will not lose access to SCOTG services during the year of enrollment regardless of status at SCC.
- Providers are board-certified physicians or licensed medical professionals.
- Most medical providers are based in the Sandhills region, and many of them work at FirstHealth Convenient Care and Primary Care clinics.
- Providers are available within minutes of contact, and no appointment is needed.
Typical Conditions Addressed
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Skin Issues/Rashes
- Ear infection
- Sinus problems
- Insect bites and stings
- Respiratory infection
- COVID-19 screening
SCOTG Does Not Include
- Annual physicals and sports physicals
- Specialty Clinics, Convenient Care and Behavioral Health Services
- Emergency Room consults
- Costs associated with advanced testing and/or procedural treatments, nor
- Cost of prescription drugs.
Contact Joe Steppe at SCOTG@sandhills.edu or (910) 695-3911 if you have questions.