SHG Photography Policy
We want you to remember your visit to the gardens, so we encourage you to take photos of plants, individuals, and subject that capture the memories of your visit. Professional photography is defined by the Sandhills Horticultural Gardens (SHG) as: family, engagement, maternity, portfolio, prom, graduation, birthdays, fashion shoots, and promotions of an individual or company.
Professional Photography will need to adhere to the following:
- Photography sessions must not interfere with the enjoyment of the Sandhills Horticultural Gardens
- Photographers and subjects should not interfere or obstruct with the flow of pedestrians, vehicular traffic, nor may they interfere with the use of premises for the public.
- Confetti, silly string, glitter, rice, flower petals, pyrotechnics, bird seed, etc. are prohibited.
- The use of alcohol is prohibited.
- No individual from the photography session is allowed in flower beds, mulched areas, on walls, or any other structure to include fountains, sculptures, tables, ponds/streams.
- Moving or removing of plants, signs, benches, displays, containers, etc. are not permitted.
- Photographers need to be mindful of the time taken in a certain area. A session in a specific area should be no longer than 30 minutes.
- If the photographer plans to publish the photos taken at the Gardens on any platform, credit needs to be given.
- Do not disturb special events or weddings that are taking place in the gardens.
- All guests are to be properly clothed. Lingerie/Boudoir session are not permitted.
- Photographers will be held accountable for the behavior and actions of their clients.
- No privacy is guaranteed. Clients must arrive ready, no facilities are available for wardrobe changes.
- Drone photography is prohibited. The SHG is located near Moore County Airport and is listed as a no fly zone.
- Please leave the gardens in the same condition they were found.
- Photos taken of the Gardens can not be printed or published for profit without permission.