Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Set Up
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), also known as 2-Step Authentication, is a Microsoft delivered feature which allows users to better protect their account by requiring additional steps when signing in. It is different than Password Recovery.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Set Up for First Time Users
- The first time you log into your new SCC webmail, you will be required to set up this process.
- Click Next on the More information is required screen.
- STOP! Do not click on the big MFA app, the simplest method is to click I want to set up a different method at the lower left instead.
- You must set up one of the following methods:
- Phone call
- A call is placed to a your mobile phone asking you to verify that it is you signing in. Usually you press the # key on your phone to complete the verification process.
- Text message
- A text message is sent to a your mobile phone with a 6-digit code. Enter this code to complete the verification process.
- Phone call
If you need to change your information, use these update MFA directions.
If you decide to use the MFA app (which we do not recommend) and have issues with it, please call 910.695.3999.
Questions? Submit a ticket to MySCC Help Desk.