Learning Resources Computer Lab
The Learning Resources Computer Lab (LRCL) is an open computer lab located within the Katharine L. Boyd Library. Free usage is available to SCC students, SCC GED and Continuing Education Students, faculty and staff. The Lab is also available to students from another college or university with a valid student ID from their home institution.
The LRCL is equipped with networked computers and printers. A variety of software is installed on each computer. All provide Internet access.
The Learning Resources Computer Lab is fully staffed with trained and knowledgeable individuals who are ready to answer questions and lend assistance.
Resources and Services
- 30 computers with Internet access
- 2 black ink printers
- 1 color printer
- Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Assorted Instructional Software
We Can Help You With:
- Locating information on the Internet
- Accessing on-line databases for research purposes
- Citing references properly
- Accessing Distance Learning coursework via Moodle
- Using templates to create a professional looking resume or business letter
- Preparing a properly formatted paper
- Assisting with Excel & Access homework
- Learning computer basics
- Communicating electronically
Judy Hines , Learning Resources Computer Lab Supervisor
Erick Scroggins , Part Time Learning Resources Computer Lab Associate