Forward important emails from Gmail to Office365
The following steps explain how to forward your emails from your student Gmail account (student.sandills.edu) over to your new Office 365 account (mail.sandhills.edu). The directions may vary depending on the web browser that you are using.
REMEMBER: You must use the Legacy Email link under Student Support on the MySCC page to log into your old Gmail account using your current password and only your username.
- If there are only selected emails you want to save, open them and:
- click/tap the More button (the down arrow) in the message’s header area.
- Choose Forward.
- Fill in the “To” field that appears at the top of the message you are forwarding with your mail.sandhills.edu address.
- If you want to forward any new messages you receive or all your mail you must log in on a computer rather than your phone.
- In your email, click the settings icon.
- From the drop-down, click Settings.
- Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab on the top menu.
- Next to Forwarding, select Add a forwarding address and enter your email address @mail.sandhills.edu.
- Make the correct selection for POP Download depending on:
- If you want to have all your mail forwarded – Enable POP for all mail (even mail that’s already been downloaded).
- Or just your new messages – Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Ensure that the option for When messages are accessed with POP is set to keep Student sandhills.edu Mail’s copy in the Inbox.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.
NOTE: If you wish, you can also create filters in Step 4 above to decide which emails to forward. Find more specific directions about those and Gmail forwarding information at Gmail Support.