Financial Aid Application Steps
Listed below are the four steps to completing the financial aid process.
For questions regarding financial aid application steps, contact the Financial Aid Office at 910.695.3743.
1) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
See Deadlines and Disbursements for more detail.
- School code: 002961
- FAFSA Assistance: The Financial Aid computer lab is open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, click the appropriate link below, or contact the Financial Aid Office at 910.695.3743. For your convenience, we have representatives at both the Pinehurst campus and Hoke campus.
- FAFSA Results: The College will receive FAFSA results from the Department of Education within 3-5 business days.
- Verification: If selected for verification, you will be notified of required documentation by email.
***When you register for an appointment, a link will be sent to you for an ITINERARY. You will follow the itinerary to your online meeting portal. Here you will be able to chat via online meeting and share your desktop so our financial aid staff can help you through your FAFSA application.
Essentials needed for your appointment:
- Student and one parent (if student is under the age of 24)
- Federal Student Aid ID and password (if you have already created one)
- 2017 Taxes and/or W2’s for the 2019-20 FAFSA (fall 2019, spring 2020, summer 2020)
- OR 2018 Taxes and/or W2’s for the 2020-2021 FAFSA (fall 2020, spring 2021, summer,2021)
- Social Security cards
- Your smart phone for security code retrievals
3) Request Transcripts
- Request that official high school or GED and any college transcripts be submitted to our Admissions Department.
- Your high school transcript is required for financial aid awarding.
- Transcripts must be sent from the originating institution to be accepted as official documentation.
4) Award Letters
The College begins awarding mid-May for the impending academic year. Prior to awarding, all required documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. Award letters will be posted in Self Service ( https://www.sandhills.edu/welcome-to-self-service/ ) within two weeks of receipt of documentation.