Financial Aid Application Steps
Listed below are the four steps to completing the financial aid process.
For questions regarding financial aid application steps, contact the Financial Aid Office at 910.695.3743.
1) Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Spring 2020 Deadline: December 2, 2019
See Deadlines and Disbursements for more detail.
- School code: 002961
- FAFSA Assistance: The Financial Aid computer lab is open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, click the appropriate link below, or contact the Financial Aid Office at 910.695.3743. For your convenience, we have representatives at both the Pinehurst campus and Hoke campus.
- FAFSA Results: The College will receive FAFSA results from the Department of Education within 3-5 business days.
- Verification: If selected for verification, you will be notified of required documentation by email.
Essentials needed for your appointment:
- Student and one parent (if student is under the age of 24)
- Federal Student Aid ID and password (if you have already created one)
- 2017 Taxes and/or W2’s for the 2019-20 FAFSA (fall 2019, spring 2020, summer 2020)
- Social Security cards
- Your smart phone for security code retrievals
3) Request Transcripts
- Request that official high school or GED and any college transcripts be submitted to our Admissions Department.
- Your high school transcript is required for financial aid awarding.
- Transcripts must be sent from the originating institution to be accepted as official documentation.
4) Award Letters
The College begins awarding mid-May for the impending academic year. Prior to awarding, all required documentation must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. Award letters will be posted in Self Service ( https://www.sandhills.edu/welcome-to-self-service/ ) within two weeks of receipt of documentation.