Faculty & Staff Printing Procedures

The current MPS (Managed Print Services) contract between SCC and Systel is a cost-per-copy tiered model, in which we get a substantial volume discount for pages copied/printed in the print shop. The cost per page for the print shop is ¼ of the cost per page on the MFP and printer fleet. Therefore, any copy or print jobs with over 100 pages B/W or 50 pages color should be sent to the print shop ahead of time. Toner, staples, and other supplies for any MFP (Multi-Function Printer) used by faculty and staff should be requested through the print shop, and Dan Shea (shead@sandhills.edu, x3880) will deliver the supplies. Any other problems should be reported through the IT Request work order system at: https://www.myschoolbuilding.com/sso/default.aspx?acctnum=820346583 . Then the ITS staff can determine if the issue warrants a call to Systel for support, or if the problem can be fixed quickly in our systems.
Any problems with computer lab printers should be reported to the secretary of the department where the lab printer is located. The secretaries stock toner for the lab printers, and they should be the points of contact for reporting issues to Systel, in order to minimize the number of SCC employees contacting Systel. The secretaries have a guide that includes the following information regarding lab printers:

  • Place an order for spare or replacement cartridges by getting the Equipment ID numbers from the sticker on each printer and calling Systel Customer Support at 1-800-849-1500.
  • Use the support request form on the Systel website at: http://www.systeloa.com/request-support to order supplies for 3 or fewer machines or to open a trouble ticket for any printing device that has a Systel equipment ID tag on it .\
  • Systel is responsible for the printer maintenance and supplies (other than the paper, which will still be requested and supplied by the physical plant). Requests for paper should be made through the Maintenance Request Form in SchoolDude by selecting the problem type of “Moving” and specifying the amount of paper in the description (as per instructions from Ellen Spencer, Office Coordinator, Physical Plant).
  • When replacing toner in a printer, the used cartridge should be placed in the box that the new one came out of, which includes a prepaid shipping label for recycling. Once the box is ready for shipment it can be picked up with the regular out-going mail.