Deadlines and Refund Disbursements
Priority Processing Date for Applying for Financial Aid
- Completed FAFSA form must be on file with the Financial Aid Office (FAO) by the deadline.
- Any additional required documents, including verification forms and IRS tax return transcripts/W2s, must be received in the FAO by the deadline.
- Applications and/or forms received after the deadline will continue to be processed; however, the FAO cannot guarantee they will be reviewed prior to the payment due date or beginning of the semester.
Refund Disbursement Information
- Students cannot receive federal or state funding that exceeds their cost of attendance.
- Remaining financial aid funds will be disbursed each semester after the Financial Aid Office verifies the student’s attendance through faculty rosters. A refund will not be processed until all instructors have confirmed student class participation.
- Disbursement dates are based on the deadlines for attendance rosters, which occurs after the ten percent point of a course.
- Funds are not disbursed for courses until they begin and attendance has been confirmed.
Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 Refund Check Disbursement Dates:
Refund checks will be mailed to students at the address listed in WebAdvisor accounts on the dates noted below.
Regular semester courses:September 21, 2020
Courses that start in September/Fall2:October 12, 2020
Courses that start in October:November 13, 2020
Regular semester courses:February 15, 2021
Courses that start in February/Spring2:March 15, 2021
Courses that start in March:April 12, 2021
Summer A and B Sessions:June 21, 2021
Summer C Session:July 19,2021
For questions regarding deadlines and disbursements, contact the Financial Aid Office at 910-695-3743.