Skip to content

College Students Home For Summer Invited to Attend SCC

Walking to collegeSummer semester at Sandhills Community College is a perfect chance for students attending college out of the area to earn college credit if they are returning home for the summer.
The guidelines for registering are a bit different for these students than those returning from the previous semester. Students must apply to the college as “Special” (non-degree) student. The application is available from the “Apply Now” link at
Current students receive priority for class seats. After applying, students from other colleges can then register for classes. An e-mail request can be sent to to request the course. Students are registered in the order request received.
Orientation is not required. These students are not required to submit official transcripts but will need to show proof of prerequisites (usually through grade reports, unofficial transcripts, etc.).
They will not receive financial aid, though the home institution may have agreements with students to help pay for classes.
Students are advised to make sure the course credits will transfer to the home college or university. For questions, please contact Davis Smith at or (910) 695-3732.

More Posts

Leave a Reply

Back to top