How to Enroll in the Career and College Program (CCP)

How do I enroll in The CCP program?

All high school students who enroll in a college course must complete the following steps:

  1. Submit a completed CCP application. Sandhills Community College staff and high school CCP counselors hold an application day each semester on the high school campuses to assist students in the application process.
  2. The student must work with their CCP counselor to determine if they are qualified for CCP classes based on a national standardized test.

Whom do I contact to determine my qualifications for the CCP program?

Phyllis Dowdy, M.A, Director of High School & College Relations – Moore County, Out-of-County Home & Private Schools
173 Kennedy Hall

Kimberly L. McMillan, M.A., Director of High School and College Relations-Hoke County
116B Johnson Hall Hoke Center

Leslie Bladwin, Counselor / Career & College Promise Contact
Hoke County High School

Stacy Patterson, Counselor / Career & College Promise Contact
North Moore High School/Union Pines High School

Josh Newton, Counselor / Career & College Promise Contact
North Moore High School/Union Pines High School

Registering for Courses

The high school counselor will assist students in selecting courses appropriate for the high school diploma and for educational plans after high school graduation. Before registering for courses at the high school, students must complete an application to Sandhills Community College and must meet eligibility requirements through submission of appropriate test scores or completion of a college placement exam and submission of current high school transcripts.

How do I maintain eligibility to stay in the CCP program?

To maintain eligibility for CCP enrollment, the student must continue to make progress toward high school graduation and maintain a 2.0 GPA in college coursework after completing two college courses.  If a student fails to meet one or both of the criteria, she/he will not be eligible to enroll the subsequent semester (fall, spring, or summer).  After sitting out a semester, the student will have the opportunity to enroll in classes the following semester.

Comprehensive Articulation Agreement

As authorized by the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) between the North Carolina Community College System and the University of North Carolina System, a high school student who satisfactorily completes a college course designated as a college transfer course with a grade of “C” or better will receive transfer credit at the university. The university will determine whether the course will count as general education, major, or elective credit with some courses guaranteed to transfer as general education courses. All courses taken at Sandhills Community College in which students earn a “C” or better will also transfer to other community colleges.