Advising & Registration
Upon completing the steps to enrollment, all degree-seeking students will be assigned a faculty advisor who teaches in their program of study. Students are expected to communicate with their advisor at least once per semester to discuss and update their academic plans.
How to find your advisor: Current and New Students
- Advisor contact information will be available in Self Service after completing orientation.
- You can find your assigned faculty advisor by logging into Self-Service>Student Planning>Go to Plan & Schedule>Advising. Your advisor’s contact information will be listed.
- For general advising questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your questions as soon as possible.
How to visit your advisor: Current Students
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we ask current students to communicate with your advisor virtually. Advisors will continue to be available to help answer your questions off campus. Check your Self-Service account to view your advisor contact information.
- Your faculty advisor will be contacting you to discuss registration. The following are recommended options for students to register:
- Your faculty advisor may register you via Self-Service.
- You may register yourself via Self-Service if you feel comfortable registering this way.
- If you are a Nursing or Health Science student, you will not be able to register yourself without first discussing your courses with your advisor and your advisor approving your planned schedule in Self-Service.
- Your faculty advisor may use Collaborate to meet, course plan, and register you.
- Collaborate is a meeting resource (similar to Skype) within Moodle.
How to visit your advisor: New Students
- Due to COVID-19, new students will be contacted by email or phone to be advised and registered by a member of the New Student Registration Team upon completing the new student orientation course. New students will utilize the New Student Registration Team for advising purposes for their first semester.
- In addition to the New Student Registration Team, new students will be assigned to a faculty advisor.
- Following first semester advising and registration, your assigned faculty advisor will be the point of contact for advising and registration needs.
How to drop or add a class: Current and New Students
- Complete Section I of the Course Change Form (advisor signature is not required, but please notify them you have changed your schedule)
- Section II: Indicate whether you want to Add or Drop, and complete the course information – Prefix, Number, and Section. This information can be found on your schedule in Self-Service>Student Planning.
- Email the form to the instructor of the class to complete and return to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
- If you are receiving financial aid, any changes to your schedule may impact your aid and should be authorized by them first. If you are dropping all of your classes the signature of a financial aid associate is required.
Important Summer 2020 Semester Registration Dates:
Last opportunity to register prior to Summer A & B sessions beginning– May 26 (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Late Registration for Summer A & B sessions– May 27 (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)
Important Information for Fall 2020 Semester Registration:
Priority registration for current students – June 1 (1:00 pm)
Registration for new students who have completed orientation – Week of June 1 (new students will begin being contacted by the New Student Registration Team)