Advising & Registration
Upon completing the steps to enrollment, all degree-seeking students will be assigned a faculty advisor who teaches in their program of study. Students are expected to communicate with their advisor at least once per semester to discuss and update their academic plans.
How to find your advisor: Current and New Students
- Advisor contact information will be available in Self Service after completing orientation.
- You can find your assigned faculty advisor by logging into Self-Service>Student Planning>Go to Plan & Schedule>Advising. Your advisor’s contact information will be listed.
- For general advising questions, please contact email@example.com. We will respond to your questions as soon as possible.
How to visit your advisor: Current Students
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, we ask current students to communicate with your advisor virtually. Check your Self-Service account to view your advisor contact information.
- Your faculty advisor will be contacting you to discuss registration (you may also initiate the communication with your advisor). The following are recommended options for students to register:
- Your faculty advisor may register you via Self-Service.
- You may register yourself via Self-Service if you feel comfortable registering this way.
- If you are a Nursing or Health Science student, you will not be able to register yourself without first discussing your courses with your advisor and your advisor approving your planned schedule in Self-Service.
- Your faculty advisor may use Collaborate to meet, course plan, and register you.
- Collaborate is a meeting resource (similar to Skype) within Moodle.
How to register: New Students
- New students will be contacted by email or phone to be advised and registered by a member of the New Student Registration Team after completing the new student orientation course. New students will utilize the New Student Registration Team for advising purposes for their first semester.
- In addition to the New Student Registration Team, new students will be assigned to a faculty advisor.
- Following first semester advising and registration, your assigned faculty advisor will be the point of contact for advising and registration needs.
Important Summer and Fall 2021 Registration Dates:
April 1 – Summer/Fall registration begins for current students.
April 8 – Summer/Fall registration begins for new/special (visiting) students.
May 25 – Last day to register for Summer A/B sessions.
June 28 – Last day to register for Summer C session.
August 17 – Last day to register for fall classes.