Federal Work-Study (FWS)
The Federal College Work-Study (FWS) Campus Based Program provides jobs for students who need additional financial aid while providing an opportunity to gain valuable work experience.
Work-Study Positions Are:
- Available on and off campus
- Awarded on a first-come-first-served basis
- Range from 4 to 20 hours per week
To be eligible for federal work-study, you must:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program
- Be initially enrolled in at least six credit hours during fall or spring term(s)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet eligibility requirements
- Once you have clicked on the above work-study application link, you will be directed to the Sandhills Community College employment page. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the Filter Jobs section.
- Click on the drop down arrow on the Department tab. Scroll down to the work-study selection, and click on the work-study option. Click the red search button.
- At this point, the work study application link will be displayed. From here, you will be able to read the details and requirements of the work study program.
- After you have read the details and requirements, you will be able to click on the link to complete your application and submit your resume.
- Wages are $8.00 an hour
- Students are paid at the end of the following month
126 Stone Hall