Child Care Grants
Childcare subsidies are available to a limited number of students. Students may apply for the grant to help cover the cost of a daycare or aftercare of their choice, with certain limitations.
Listed below are the requirements for the grant:
- Must be a North Carolina resident.
- Applicant must be enrolled in at least 6 face-to-face credit hours.
- A history of Satisfactory Academic Progress (2.0 GPA & 67% completion rate) is required and must be maintained to continue receiving childcare assistance.
- Up to two children per household may be covered with the budget. This is subject to change due to budget changes.
- Children in daycare must be ages 0-5 and children in aftercare programs must be ages 5-12.
To apply for the grant, students must complete the form by clicking here, log into Etrieve using their SCC username and password, and attach all other required documents. Applications are received on a continuous basis during the school year, and a waiting list is maintained when needed. Students must reapply each academic year.
In addition to the application, students are also required to submit the following items:
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for upcoming academic year.
- Birth Certificates for children listed on application.
- If you already have a daycare/aftercare selected, please provide the name, address, phone number, name of director, and tax ID#, weekly charge, etc.
Student applications are reviewed continuously throughout the year. Students with the most need will be awarded first. Need will be based on the FAFSA. Once all funds are exhausted, the remaining applications will be moved to the waiting list. Funding for the year determines the number of students who will be approved for the academic year.
Approval is also based on the student’s choice of daycare. Once approved, the Coordinator contacts the student via telephone, email, or personal contact.
Financial Aid Advisor
125 Stone Hall