8.2.1 Director Selection
Revised: October 30, 2020
BEFORE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING (Sept or early Oct)
- Determine which directors will be retiring and thanked for their service.
- Poll existing directors who will be asked to return.
- Poll present officers to ask if they will serve another term.
At Annual Foundation Board Meeting
- Re-elect officers of the board (if all are willing to continue to serve).
- Thank retiring board members for service/present suitable plaque.
- Inform Foundation Board that Executive Committee has met and has recommended names for new board members, which will be sent to Trustees for approval at December Trustees meeting.
AT DECEMBER TRUSTEES MEETING
- Seek approval of potential new Foundation Board members as developed by Executive Committee.
BEFORE APRIL FOUNDATION BOARD MEETING
- Invite new board members to serve, asking in ranked order until available slots are filled.
- Hold orientation session for new board members in advance of April meeting.
AT APRIL FOUNDATION BOARD MEETING
- Welcome new board members to the board.