6.1.1 Applications for Development Funding

Revised: October 1, 2015; October 1, 2017

Faculty members or department chairs may apply for funding support for faculty development activities by submitting Travel Authorization and Travel Advance Request forms and/or Travel Reimbursement Request forms available on the college website.  FDC funds may be used to provide activities and training opportunities for full-time or part-time College employees.  The forms will be submitted to the appropriate department chair for approval and then to the Faculty Development Committee (FDC) first if FDC support is sought.  Forms are then passed to the Dean of Instruction’s office for approval.  (The department chair is responsible for supplying budget information if funds beyond FDC allotment are needed.)

When activities are approved, the signed forms will be returned to the faculty member who may then carry out the activity. When the activity is complete, expenses will be reimbursed following standard College policies and procedures.

Staff members may request funding support from the Office of the President or Associate Vice President of Human Resources for staff development activities sought to benefit full- and part-time staff.

<< Back to the policy