2.14.1 Title IX Procedures
Created: October 1, 2016
Revised: October 1, 2020
Complaints related to sex discrimination, sexual harassment, or sexual violence should be filed with the Executive Vice President, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, or the Dean of the Hoke Center. SCC’s Title IX Coordinator is Chreatha Alston, Associate Vice President of Human Resources, whose office is located is located in Stone Hall, Office 226. This office may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 910-246-2868.
Procedure for filing complaint:
If you experience sexual discrimination, harassment, or violence, you have rights and you have options. Title IX and SCC’s resources exist to help you get the support you need. Whether you are a student, faculty member, staff member, or guest, you have the right to file a complaint through the college and/or explore other options.
Any person (student, faculty, staff, or guest) who believes discriminatory practices have been engaged in based upon gender may discuss these concerns and file informal or formal complaints of possible violations of Title IX (in the case of emergencies please call the main switchboard at 910-692-6185, use one of the emergency call boxes located on campus, or campus security at (910) 695-3831 (for Hoke campus, call (910) 878-5802):
- College Security Services is located on all campuses and is available by phone by dialing “O” for the operator. A copy of the Annual Security Report can be found here.
- The Dean of Student Services office is located in Stone Hall Building, Room 123 and is staffed from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Sandhills Community College’s Title IX Coordinator is Chreatha Alston, whose office is located in the Stone Hall Building, Room 226. This office may be contacted from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday by phone at 910-246-2868 or by email at email@example.com.
- The Office of Human Resources is located in the Stone Hall Building, second floor and is available by phone at 910-246-2868. The office is staffed from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Counseling Services is located in the Stone Hall Building, room 229, (910) 695-3968, and on the Hoke County Campus in Johnson Hall, room 112, (910)878-5804.
Click here for the list of community resources.
Incidents of reported discrimination fall under the definition of sexual misconduct and will follow the same procedures as our Sexual Misconduct Policy (5.17). Please visit the following link for procedures for reporting, the investigation and sanctions for sexual misconduct complaints.