Please follow the steps below to successfully complete the graduation process:
- Login to WebAdvisor and under “My Profile” verify that the major(s) showing is the
program(s) you plan to complete for graduation this academic year. If major(s) is not
listed, you will need to complete a Change of Major form with the Student Success
Center prior to meeting with your advisor.
- Complete the first page of the graduation application and meet with your advisor to finish
the second page. Your advisor will verify that you are in the correct major, and review
classes required for completion.
- Submit your completed application to the Registrar’s Office by the appropriate deadline.
Please note that you must submit a separate graduation application for each degree,
diploma or certificate. Applications are required whether or not you intend to participate
in the graduation ceremony.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Registrar, and an email will be sent within 3
weeks of receipt of your application. The email will notify you and your advisor of the
remaining classes needed to complete your requirements. Please work with your advisor
to ensure you are properly registered for these classes in the upcoming semester(s).
- All students participating in the graduation ceremony must wear an SCC cap and gown.
The SCC Bookstore will provide caps and gowns for pre-order during the Spring
semester. Prices and dates will be posted at www.sandhills.bncollege.com by December
1, 2014. All inquiries about caps/gowns should be directed to the bookstore personnel at
- All graduates must complete an evaluation of SCC services prior to picking up their caps
Additional information will be mailed in April pertaining to graduation rehearsal and
ceremony. The graduation ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2015.
Please feel free to contact the Office of Records and Registration at any point in the process with
any questions and concerns. We want you to be successful every step of the way!
Graduation Application Deadlines:
Fall 2014 Completers – December 4, 2014
Spring/Summer 2015 Completers – March 19, 2015
*Note: Walking across the stage during commencement activities does not mean that you
have “graduated”. You must complete all course requirements before receiving a diploma.
<< Student Resources