2014 Rehearsal/Commencement Information
Please be sure to read this entire section of our website and bookmark these pages for future reference if you plan to graduate this academic year.
Your Graduation Application must be filled out completely. Blank spaces may result in a delay in processing.
Be sure to submit your completed and signed application to the Office of Records & Registration by the deadline.
Graduation Application Deadlines:
Fall 2013 Completers – December 6, 2013
Spring/Summer 2014 Completers – March 20, 2014
- Login to WebAdvisor and under “My Profile” verify that the major(s) showing is the program(s) you plan to complete for graduation this academic year. If major(s) is not listed, you will need to complete a Change of Major form with the Student Success Center prior to meeting with your advisor.
- Complete the first page of the graduation application and meet with your advisor to finish the second page. Your advisor will verify that you are in the correct major, and review classes required for completion.
- Submit your completed application to the Registrar’s Office by the appropriate deadline. Please note that you must submit a separate graduation application for each degree, diploma or certificate. Applications are required whether or not you intend to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Registrar, and an email will be sent to your student email account within 3 weeks of receipt of your application. The email will notify you and your advisor of the remaining classes needed to complete your requirements. Please work with your advisor to ensure you are properly registered for these classes in the upcoming semester(s).
- All students participating in the graduation ceremony must wear an SCC cap and gown. The SCC Bookstore will provide caps and gowns for pre-order during the Spring semester. Prices and dates will be posted at www.sandhills.bncollege.com by December 1, 2013. All inquiries about caps/gowns should be directed to the bookstore personnel at (910) 695-3789.
- All graduates must complete an evaluation of SCC services prior to picking up their caps and gowns.
- Additional information will be mailed in April pertaining to graduation rehearsal and ceremony. The graduation ceremony is scheduled for Saturday, May 17, 2014.
Please feel free to visit the Office of Records & Registration located in Stone Hall if you have any further questions.
Note: Walking across the stage during Commencement does not mean that you have ‘‘graduated.” You must complete all course requirements before receiving a diploma.
Please consider joining the SCC Alumni Association. It is free!
<< Student Resources