Documentation of Disability

You must provide evidence of how your disability impacts participation in classes and other college programs in order to qualify for reasonable accommodations.

While IEPs and 504 Plans offer historical evidence of services and accommodations, they are generally NOT considered sufficient to make a student eligible for services.

To qualify for disability services, you must present documentation from a licensed, clinical professional. The disability documentation must address your current level of functioning.

A diagnostic report, written by a qualified professional with appropriate licensure or certification who has comprehensive training and relevant expertise in the specialty area is required. This professional cannot be related to you.

We do not provide diagnostic services. If you don’t have documentation or if it is incomplete or insufficient, you should contact your medical professional for a referral to a qualified, licensed diagnostician.

We do not make referrals; however, we recommend you contact your medical professional, who may be able to provide an evaluation to determine if a disability is present and its impact on the learning environment. Cost for services vary and will be determined by the diagnostician.

While appropriate documentation is an essential piece of the process, accommodations will be provided only if the accommodation is directly related to the disability.

General Documentation Standards


Documentation Requirements by Disability Area


Deaf and Hard of Hearing

Learning Disabilities



Visual Impairment


Locations         Employment         Security         For Faculty & Staff         Accessibility
youTube  facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Shutterfly