This document lists the steps for setting up your iPad, iPhone, and/or iPod Touch at Sandhills Community College with your Office 365 account.
Steps to Configure Your iOS Device to Work with Office 365
- iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
- An Office 365 Account
NOTE: Some iOS device will not automatically find the correct Office 365 server name in step 5. If this is the case with your device, please follow the steps to identify your Office 365 server name.
NOTE: If this is your first email account on your device, tap “Mail” and proceed to step 3.
- Tap "Settings"
Figure 1: Settings Icon
- Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” under Settings and tap “Add Account...” under Accounts.
Figure 2: Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" and then tap "Add Account..."
- Tap “Microsoft Exchange” under Add Account...
Figure 3: Tab "Microsoft Exchange" under Add Account...
- In the Exchange dialog box:
- Enter your email address (e.g. NetworkID@sandhills.edu) in the “Email” field.
- Enter your email address (e.g. NetworkID@sandhills.edu) in the “Username” field.
- Enter your Network password in the “Password” field.
- Enter Office 365 in the “Description” field.
NOTE: You can use any short name that’s meaningful to you, such as “SCC email”.
- Tap “Next” in the upper right corner.
Figure 4: Enter your Account information and tap "Next"
- Tap “Next” in the upper right corner of the Exchange dialog box.
NOTE: If your iOS device is unable to automatically locate the correct Office 365 server name, please follow the instructions on identifying your Office 365 server name. Once you obtain your Office 365 server name, you will enter it in the "Server" field in figure 5 below.
Figure 5: Verify the "Server" field was filled in automatically, then tap "Next" in the Exchange dialog box
- In the Exchange Account dialog box:
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize.
NOTE: By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are all turned on. You can turn off synchronization for any of these.
- Tap “Save” in the upper right corner.
Figure 6: Select your options and tap "Save" in the Exchange Account dialog box.
- Push the Home button on your device, and tap “Mail” or “Calendar” to confirm that you’ve set up your Office 365 account information.
NOTE: If the steps above generate the error: "Cannot Connect to Server", you may need to replace the server address in the steps above with the host name. See the Identifying Your Office 365 Host Name.