Customized Training Programs
Workforce development is a founding mission of the NC Community College System and is an essential role of all community colleges. A key part of the workforce development initiative is the creation of customized training and training services specifically designed for local businesses and organizations.
Sandhills has assisted over 15 local companies with Customized Industry Training projects including such notables as Unilever HPC, Burlington Industries, Thermal Metal Treating, American Growler, Situs, and Meridian Kiosks.
Sandhills Community College provides as part of its customized training program the following services (all services are customized to the unique needs and specifications of the client):
- Consultation on training needs
- Training needs assessment and development of customized training plans
- Individual course development, staffing and delivery of customized courses
- Job profiling and workplace assessments including workforce credentialing assessments such as the Career Readiness Certificate (using WorkKeys assessments)
- Assistance with identifying sources and securing funding for training for qualifying local business or organizations
NC Community College Customized Training Program
Sandhills Community College administers locally the North Carolina Community College System Customized Training Program, which provides training assistance for eligible businesses and industries that demonstrate two or more of the following criteria:
- The business is making an appreciable capital investment
- The business is deploying new technology
- The business is creating jobs, expanding an existing workforce, or enhancing the productivity and profitability of the operations within the State
- The skills of the workers will be enhanced by the assistance
NC Community College Business and Industry Support Program
Sandhills Community College also administers the North Carolina Community College System Business and Industry Support Program for the local area, which provides training assistance for the existing workforce for qualifying businesses, industries, and organizations.
NC Division of Commerce Incumbent Workforce Development Program
Sandhills can provide assistance to local businesses with the completion of an application for training assistance funding from the North Carolina Department of Commerce under their Incumbent Workforce Development Program.
Alan Duncan, Senior Director, Business & Industry Services
117 VanDusen Hall
<< Back to Business & Industry Training