Life is not always smooth sailing, especially considering the many demands of college. That is why Sandhills Community College offers you the assistance of professional counselors who can give you the opportunity to explore issues and share concerns about college life.
Our counselors are available to help you with academic, personal, mental or social issues that may be interfering with your academic success. They are trained professionals who can respond to your concerns in an objective and nonjudgmental manner.
There is no charge for counseling services, and your sessions are strictly confidential.
Our counselors can refer you to local providers, if you wish to seek counseling services off campus or if you need long-term therapeutic services.
Reasons to Seek Counseling
Some of the most common problems for which students seek help include the following:
- Difficulty concentrating or completing academic tasks
- Family or relationship problems
- Issues of grief and loss
- Difficulty managing stress
- Adjustment concerns
- Relating with peers
- Coping with academic pressures and problems
- Lack of motivation
- Depression, Anxiety or other mood issues
Benefits from Counseling
The counseling process can be an educational experience. You may not only learn more about yourself, but you may also learn new skills to cope with personal, social, and academic demands. You may gain:
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills.
- Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem.
- The ability to explore feelings.
- The ability to manage stress effectively.
- Insight into personal issues.
- The ability to make positive changes in your life.
Coordinator of Personal Counseling Services
229 Stone Hall
Director, Student Services Hoke Center, Personal Counselor
112 Johnson Hall, Hoke Center
Counseling sessions are scheduled by appointment weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.‚ (Hours may vary during summer months.)‚
Drug and Alcohol Dependency Screenings
Screenings are scheduled by appointment weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Hours may vary during summer months.)