Steps to Enrollment in College-Credit Courses


A student will maintain an active application status provided a break in enrollment does not equal or exceed two years. Students returning after an absence of two or more academic years should complete the steps below.

Students changing from Special Student status to Degree Seeking or previous concurrently enrolled high school students must submit a new admissions application and any required documents to the Admissions Office to become eligible.

Additionally, you must meet the admission and graduation requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of readmission. The Admissions Office send you information regarding your next step in the enrollment process once your completed Admissions Application has been received.


Apply online or download a paper application and return it via mail or in person.  You may also obtain a paper application by contacting the Admissions Office at 910-695-3738 or by emailing


Request official copies from all colleges or universities attended since attending or applying to Sandhills.  Official means we receive the transcript in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing school.  Contact the Admissions Office at 910-695-3738 or email if you have questions.

Students who have not attended Sandhills Community College in at least five years may be required to resubmit an official high school, GED or Adult high school transcript along with official transcripts from all colleges or universities previously attended

STEP 3 – PLACEMENT TEST (if required)

Re-admitting students who plan to enter an instructional program or special/non-degree seeking students who want to enroll in English, mathematics, or other restricted courses may be required to retake the placement test. Test scores are valid for five years only. If you have questions contact Cassidy Benjamin at 910.246.5366 or Shannon Hudson at 910.695.3733.


Re-admitting students required to test will meet with a Pre-Advisor in Student Services to discuss your scores and receive your faculty advisor assignment following completion the of the placement test. You will also be given information about how to register for classes. If you are unable to meet with a Pre-Advisor, a New Student Pre-Advising Packet will be mailed to you. (Your test scores will not be mailed.) Contact Cassidy Benjamin at 910-246-5366 or Shannon Hudson at 910-695-3733 for questions about pre-advising or your faculty advisor assignment. Re-admitting students that are deemed exempt fro the placement test will receive your faculty advisor assignment via mail from the Admissions Department.


If you are remaining in the same program of study and are not required to retake the placement test you may contact your faculty advisor for an appointment to register for classes or participate in one of our New Student Registration Days.  You may refer to the Academic Calendar.


The Costs & Payments section of this web site will tell you the various methods by which you can pay for classes. If you fail to pay by the deadline, (see Academic Calendar) your classes will be dropped and you will need to re-register.  For questions about payment, contact Pam Taylor at 910-695-3721 or Holly Martin at 910-695-3719

STEP 7 – FINANCIAL AID (optional, but strongly encouraged)

We encourage all students to apply for financial aid and scholarships. See our Financial Aid pages for instructions.

File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting  For assistance, contact our Financial Aid Office at 910-695-3743.


Locations         Employment         Security         For Faculty & Staff         Accessibility
youTube  facebook  Twitter  Instagram  Shutterfly