Sandhills Community College scholarships are:
- Funded by private donors through the Sandhills Community College Foundation Office
- Administered through the Financial Aid Office
- Awarded in the spring for the following school year
- Complete the Sandhills Community College Admissions Application.
- Your SCC username and password will be required to begin and complete the scholarship application.
- If you are a new student, refer to your SCC admissions acceptance letter, which provides your username and password.
- If you are a current student, your username and password is the same as what is used for WebAdvisor and student email.
- Complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The FAFSA is required to be considered for all scholarships.
- Complete the 2018-2019 Sandhills Community College Scholarship Application.
By completing the scholarship application, students will be considered for all Sandhills Community College scholarships.
- Ensure that two recommendation forms are submitted in addition to the scholarship application.
- The recommendation forms are submitted electronically, and details on how to submit the forms are at the end of the scholarship application.
- Current students should ask SCC faculty or staff members to submit recommendation forms.
- New or high school students may submit completed recommendation forms from a current high school teacher, clergy member, or employer.
- The priority deadline is in February each year. Applications received by the priority deadline are considered first for scholarships.
- Recipients are selected by a scholarship committee appointed by Dr. Dempsey, President of Sandhills Community College.
- Recipients are sent award notifications to their SCC student email.