Montgomery GI Bill - Post 9/11 New GI Bill (Chapter 33)
“The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the new bill.” Your tuition will be paid based upon the highest in-state tuition charged by an educational institution in the state where the institution is located.
- Students must apply and be accepted into a degree program at SCC before they can begin receiving benefits from the VA. (Continuing Education courses are not covered.)
- Students must complete VA Form 22-1990 if this is their initial application. For students who are electing this new MGIB instead of their current MGIB chapter, or for students who have previously received Chapter 33 benefits at another institution, they will need to complete VA Form 22-1995.
- Students must provide our office with a copy of their DD-214 Member 4 discharge papers.
- Students must provide our office with a copy of:
1. High school or GED transcript
2. All college and military transcripts
The Post-9/11 GI Bill also offers some service members the opportunity to transfer their GI Bill to dependents.