Child Care Grants
A limited number of child-care subsidies are available to economically disadvantaged students. The open application period begins in June, and the process of awarding child care subsidies starts in July. Applications are received on a continuing basis during the school year, and a waiting list is maintained until the following June.
Students must reapply each year in June.
The requirements for Child Care Grants are:
- Moore County residents must apply with the Moore County Department of Social Services (DSS) before applying for childcare assistance with the college. Applicants must bring paperwork from DSS confirming their application status.
- Non-Moore County residents must apply with the DSS Office in the county in which they live. Applicants must bring paperwork from DSS confirming their application status.
- Applicants must be a full-time student (12 or more credit hours).
- A history of satisfactory academic progress (2.0 GPA) is required and must be maintained to continue receiving childcare assistance.
Once you have your paperwork from DSS, we will need the following items:
- Proof of income (i.e. pay stubs, unemployment statements, etc.)
- Drivers License
- Birth Certificates (for ALL members of the household)
- Social Security Cards (for ALL members of the household)
- Class schedule
- The appropriate Child Care Grant Application
Listed below are the Childcare Applications. Please complete the appropriate application and return to the Financial Aid Office.