Financial Aid Distance Learning
After applying for admission to the college, students may apply for a variety of financial aid to help pay educational expenses by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The SCC school code is 002961. Financial aid can be awarded only after admission to a qualified diploma or degree program.
Some things to keep in mind when applying:
- You must respond to all correspondence from the Financial Aid and Admissions Office in a timely manner.
- Additional documentation may be required to complete the financial aid process.
- You will receive an award letter upon completion of your financial aid file. This letter will be mailed approximately two weeks after the official results of the FAFSA are received for all admitted students in a qualified program.
- The Department of Education or SCC may select you for a process called verification. If you are selected, you will receive a letter from our office requesting additional documentation.
- Official high school or GED and college transcripts are required before any financial aid can be disbursed.
- If you are pre-registered and decide not to attend SCC, you must officially drop your classes and notify the Financial Aid Office prior to the start of the semester. If your classes have not been dropped, and we have not received notification, your classes will automatically be paid for with Financial Aid, and you will be responsible for the funds used.
- Remaining financial aid funds will be disbursed each semester after the Financial Aid Office verifies your attendance through faculty rosters. A refund will not be processed until all instructors have notified the financial aid office confirming class participation.
You may be interested in Veterans’ Benefits or Scholarships.
Click for more Information about Distance Learning.