Child Care Grants
A limited number of child-care subsidies are available to economically disadvantaged students.
To apply for Child Care Grants, students must:
- Apply with the Department of Social Services (DSS) in the student’s county of residence
- Applicants must bring paperwork from DSS confirming their application status.
- Be a full-time student enrolled in 12 or more credit hours
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (at least a 2.0 GPA)
- Complete the Childcare Application and return it to the Financial Aid Office
The following forms/documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office to be considered for a Child Care Grant:
- Completed Childcare Application
- DSS paperwork confirming student’s application status
- Proof of income (i.e. pay stubs, unemployment statements, etc.)
- Drivers License
- Birth Certificates (for ALL members of the household)
- Social Security Cards (for ALL members of the household)
- Class schedule
Important Application Date Information:
- The open application period begins in June.
- The awarding process begins in July.
- Applications are received on a continuous basis during the school year.
- A waiting list is maintained until the following June.
- Students must reapply each June.
Assistant Director of Financial Aid
124 Stone Hall