Owens Auditorium - History
Owens Auditorium was named to honor the many contributions made to Sandhills Community College by Dr. Francis Leroy Owens, Sr.
Dr. Owens graduated from Duke University School of Medicine in 1934. He arrived in Pinehurst in 1935 where he joined the staff of Moore County Hospital. Dr. Owens served on the Sandhills Community College Board of Trustees for twenty-two years.