The Mission of Sandhills Community College is to provide educational opportunities of the highest quality to all the people of the Sandhills.
What We Believe...
The college is committed to the five core values of INTEGRITY, HELPFULNESS, EXCELLENCE, RESPECT, AND OPPORTUNITY. These values guide and direct Sandhills Community College as it seeks:
- To welcome students of all ability levels and to provide programs that prepare them for employment or for transfer;
- To provide training for local businesses and to contribute constructively to the economic well-being of the region;
- To contribute to the cultural and artistic richness of the community, and to the educational needs of our retired population;
- To create a campus environment that celebrates its faculty and staff, and contributes to their personal and professional development.
- For-Credit Academic Programs
To educate students for professional and personal opportunities by providing technical and transfer programs that include distinct general education competencies and to offer these programs through a variety of course delivery modes;
- Support Services
To provide comprehensive student and academic support programs that help students meet their career, academic, and personal goals.
- Access and Opportunity
To ensure access and opportunity for students who are underprepared for college-level work through developmental studies and adult literacy programs; to prepare students for employment and/or for collegiate studies; and to promote student learning and success through various course delivery modes in credit and noncredit courses.
- Economic Development
To provide the training needed to help recruit businesses to our community and to drive entrepreneurial growth; to promote workplace learning; to enable local businesses to become more productive; and to provide credit and noncredit courses and programs that enable students to become competitive contenders for employment opportunities.
- Campus and Community Life
To provide opportunities for student involvement, cultural enrichment, life-long learning, and community service while honoring our core values.
- Campus Resources
To ensure that the college has the necessary financial, human, technological, and physical resources, including: having funds to advance the excellence of its programs; hiring faculty and staff of the highest quality who reflect its diverse community and exhibit its core values; providing appropriate technology; and ensuring that the campus is clean, safe, and beautiful.